To start indoors: Start your seeds 4-6 weeks before the last frost date in your area.
· Using a quality seed starting mixture such as Jiffy Mix, pre-moisten soil then plant seeds about 1/8” deep.
· Place in a sunny location such as a windowsill.
· Keep soil moist but do not over saturate.
· Seeds should emerge in 10-15 days under a consistent temperature of about 65-75 degrees.
· Transplant outdoors when seedlings have reached at least 6 inches tall and all danger of frost has passed.
You can also start zinnias outdoors after all danger of frost has passed:
· Water area thoroughly, scatter seeds over soil; cover to 1/8” deep. Keep moist until seedlings emerge.