To start indoors: Start your seeds 6-8 weeks before the last frost date in your area.
· These seeds need at least 50% humidity, warmth and to be kept moist so plan to grow in a flat with a clear cover for best results.
· Use a good seed starting medium such as Jiffy Mix. Fill seed flat with soil. Pre-moisten soil. Plant seeds about 1/2” deep.
· Cover with lid and place in a warm, sunny location.
· Keep seeds moist. DO NOT allow seeds to dry out.
· Seeds germinate in about 30-45 days.
· Transplant to containers and place outdoors after all danger of frost has passed. Peppercorn plants cannot handle temperatures below 40 degrees.
· Fertilize weekly with a 10-10-10 quality fertilizer, excluding winter months.